14 Ways to promote your sweepstakes in 2022
If you’re an online retailer, you should think about incorporating sweepstakes into your marketing strategy. They’re an efficient marketing channel for expanding your business, generating more leads, promoting your brand, and increasing sales.
A sweepstake is simple and inexpensive to run, and the benefits are far greater than those of many other marketing methods when done correctly.
Email subscribers, new customers, and increased followers on social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest. Increased brand exposure and awareness can all result from a single promotion and increase sales.
Planning and Construction
Sweepstakes are a low-cost marketing promotion method that can have a significant impact on growing an audience and building a business. However, before running sweepstakes, you must plan it out so that you have a road map for success with a set of predetermined goals.
Many businesses believe that by giving something away for free, they will receive a flood of new visitors, email subscribers, Facebook likes, and sales. Unfortunately, without a well-defined goal and a solid marketing strategy, this is rarely the case.
To start creating your roadmap for a successful giveaway, plan out each step of your promotion until you reach the goal that you want to achieve. You can begin building your sweepstakes once you have a clear roadmap.
Setting up your sweepstakes is a good start, but if you want to accelerate your sweepstakes and meet your goals, you’ll need a solid marketing plan.
Here are 14 different ways sweepstakes can bring real and measurable results to marketers:
1. Make a blog post
Writing a blog post about your sweepstakes is an excellent way to notify customers and prospects that you have a promotion going on. Your post should include a brief description of the promotion, how to enter, what prizes are available, and when it will end. Bonus points if you can explain how winning the sweepstakes will benefit the reader’s life.
2. Send a newsletter via email
Send an email to your list announcing your sweepstakes and providing a direct link to the entry page. Even if these people are already on your list, you should still promote them because if they enter, they will share the giveaway with their friends and family (Facebook and otherwise)
3. Share it on Facebook
Make a post about your giveaway on your Facebook timeline. Include an image of the prize that will catch people’s attention, as well as a brief description of what they can win. Finally, in your post, include a direct link to the giveaway.
4. Share it on other social media portals
In addition to Facebook, promote your giveaway on Twitter by sending a tweet with details about what people can win as well as a direct link to the giveaway page. Pin the giveaway to Pinterest, and share it with your audiences on Google Plus, LinkedIn, and Instagram as well.
5. Make use of video
Creating a video is no longer a difficult task, thanks to the power of smartphones. You can easily create short video clips to promote your sweepstakes using Vine, Instagram, or YouTube. A good starting point would be to make a short video clip showing the prizes available.
6. AdWords by Google
If you’ve set aside money to promote your sweepstakes, Google AdWords can be an effective way to reach your target audience. It enables you to target specific keywords that people are looking for and have your promotion appear in search results.
7. Blogger promotion
Bloggers are always looking for great content to share with their readers. Make a list of 10 or 20 bloggers in your niche and send each of them a personalized email about the sweepstakes you’re launching and how you believe it would be a good fit for their audience if they’d be willing to promote it for you.
8. Collaborate with another company
Collaboration with another company on your giveaway is a great way to increase the number of prizes and gain more exposure. Contact companies that are related to your niche but are not direct competitors to see if they would be interested in offering one of their products as a prize in your giveaway. If they agree, you now have another company to help you promote the giveaway. It’s a win-win scenario.
9. Publish a press release
Use a service like PR web, Pitch Engine, or PR Newswire to create a press release and schedule it to be sent out on the day the promotion goes live.
10. Incorporate a message into your packages
Tossing a little card inside each package telling them to enter the promotion is a great way to get people to enter your sweepstakes if you ship out physical products. Remember that just because these people are already customers does not mean that they will not refer their friends and family to you.
11. After transaction communications
If you sell a product, including a link to your sweepstakes after checkout can be an excellent way to collect entries. Because these people have already purchased something from you, they will most likely be delighted to have the opportunity to win something.
12. Collaborate with YouTube channels
Some incredibly popular YouTube channels may be the ideal partner to help promote your giveaway. Look for channels in your niche with many subscribers and make sure their videos have many views.
To get them to promote your sweepstakes, you may need to offer some form of compensation (either monetary or in the form of a gift- many of them review products for their audiences).
13. Banner of your sweepstakes on the business website
Most visitors to your website’s homepage will be unaware of your sweepstakes unless you notify them. Make an image that can be displayed on your homepage and links directly to your giveaway.
You can also use a simple service like Hello Bar to notify people on your homepage that you are running a giveaway. It appears simple, but many businesses simply do not realize it is an option.
14. Offline marketing
Social media and digital media aren’t the only ways to publicize your giveaway. If you have a physical store, consider how you can use walk-in customers to raise awareness for your competition. Here are some offline promotion ideas:
- Tossing a little card or flyer inside each package telling them to enter the promotion is a great way to get people to enter your sweepstakes.
- Make a check-in contest to encourage people to visit your physical store.
- Promote the contest at local events and communities in which you are involved. Create a banner or say something about your giveaway if you occasionally organize events. Using QR codes generated by a QR Code Generator is a good idea.
If you want your giveaway or contest to be successful, you must promote it frequently and on all available platforms. Make a page on your website for the giveaway, include details in your newsletter, and regularly spread the word on social media. Change your phrasing and timing on social media and monitor the response rate as you do so.
You may find that more people are willing to participate in the evening when they have “distraction time” and are winding down for the day. Contests, like any other marketing activity, can always be improved.
RewardPort sweepstakes can increase sales by up to 200%. Encourage customers to buy your products by offering them the chance to win big. Sweepstakes are ideal for brands seeking to introduce new items and boost trial numbers. Nothing beats sweepstakes to get users to buy your products.
Got a Marketing Challenge at Hand?
Step-by-Step Guide: How to Run a Facebook Sweepstakes
Running Facebook contests is a tried-and-true method of gaining likes, followers and creating thrill around a product or brand. It’s also a low-cost social media marketing strategy because you choose the budget and the prize.
A Facebook sweepstake is the simplest method for lead generation and growing your social media following. Facebook sweepstakes can help your business increase sales and spread brand awareness like wildfire.
Set Contest Objectives
A Facebook contest must have a clear goal to benefit your business. If your goal is to gain more followers, consider why. Why is that goal critical to your company? You’ll come up with a better goal every time you ask yourself this question. Continue until you have one that is in line with your business goals. You can begin with the following common Facebook contest objectives:
- Increase your following by 1,000 people
- Gather 1,000 email addresses
- Increase brand loyalty
- 10% increase in website traffic
- Increase brand awareness
Important: Make goals as measurable as possible. This is accomplished by substituting a number, such as “Get 200 new followers” for “Get new followers.”
One Facebook contest could potentially achieve all the above objectives. If you decide to go for all of them, try to prioritize the ones you believe are most important.
Select a Prize
Your Facebook contest prize should be exciting enough to entice your target customers to participate. When selecting a prize, keep the following in mind:
- Affordable and relevant prizes: A costly and irrelevant product may be unable to attract qualified leads or target audiences.
- Custom or limited-edition products: People enjoy receiving unique and special prizes, so consider offering a limited-edition prize or allowing the winner to select a design (color, engraving, etc.).
- Provide coaching sessions: Businesses in B22 can offer a one-on-one session with an expert, which is a great way to build a reputation.
- Combine multiple prizes into one: A prize package increases the appeal of the contest.
- Devise a prize that meets requirements: If you own a beauty store, give away a popular item such as a nail paint or makeup product. Online retailers can give away gift cards (allowing the winner to choose their prize) or a personalized item such as a bag or water bottle.
Select a Contest Type
A Facebook giveaway is the most straightforward type of contest, but it is not the only one. The best way is to determine your objectives. A photo contest, for example, may be better for increasing engagement, whereas a caption may be better for spreading brand awareness.
Popular contest types include:
- Sweepstakes: The winner is chosen at random (typically using services such as random.org).
- Photo competitions: Request that followers share a photo with you, either through private messages or on the brand’s page. The winner is selected by the community.
- Comment-to-win: Ask your followers to respond to a question in the comments, and the best one will win.
- Caption: The person who comes up with the funniest or most creative caption for a photo wins.
Rules for Writing a Contest
Inform prospective participants of your guidelines and requirements. The best method is to create a bullet list of rules.
Keep the following in mind when creating Facebook contest rules:
- Entry Rules: Describe the action required to enter your contest, such as making a purchase, leaving a comment on a Facebook post or blog article, and so on.
- Rights to public exposure: These rights are required to be able to announce the winner.
- Deadlines: Set the start and end dates for the contest.
- Laws: Every Facebook contest must abide by all federal, state, and local laws, as specified in the rule’s description.
- Process of determining the winner: Explain how you will choose the winner by listing the judging criteria.
- Prize. Describe the contest prizes for the winner, runner-up, and any additional contestants, if any.
Facebook algorithms and policies must be followed to ensure the success of your brand’s contest. Check the Facebook contest rules on the Policies page, for example, as there are a few specific rules for promotions. For example, Facebook prohibits requiring participants to “share the contest on your timeline.” That is why “share to enter” style contests are not advised.
Create a Contest Landing Page
A contest landing page is a website that promotes a contest and collects information from participants. Brands create landing pages to collect participants’ email addresses, communicate with them, and effectively promote the contest. The pages could be designed in a variety of styles, ranging from complex with videos to simple with a sign-up form.
Many landing page techniques are also used by online businesses to encourage participation.
A/B testing of contest landing pages is another way to collect valuable customer data.
You may discover that one type of marketing copy generates more engagement than others. For B2C and B2B businesses, A/B testing generates 25% and 40% more leads, respectively, so consider creating multiple landing page versions to find more effective marketing tactics.
Publicize and Market Your Contest
When you click the “Post” button, the campaign to promote your contest begins. Use all available channels, such as emails, blog articles, website pop-ups, chatbots, Facebook posts, advertisements, and so on.
Write a brief message announcing the contest and encouraging people to enter.
To publicize your Facebook contest, do the following:
- Explain the main prize (or add the photo)
- Make certain that the promotion emails include a link to the contest landing page (if applicable)
- Encourage your friends to enter the contest, friends and family recommendations are trusted by 81% of customers.
A positive contest experience for all participants is critical for driving engagement and leaving a lasting impression. 71% of online customers who had a positive social media experience with a brand are likely to recommend it to others.
To make a pleasant experience for participants:
- Participate in the discussion by leaving comments.
- Send an email to everyone who participated, thanking them for their time.
- Your goal should be to contact each participant and express gratitude for their participation. Some online stores even send discount codes in exchange for entering.
Declare the Winner with all grace
Ways to congratulate the winner of your Facebook contest:
- Create a post in which you congratulate them
- Include them in an email newsletter
- Create a brief blog post
- Before announcing the results, try to get a “celebration photo” from the winner (ask them via email). It would be an excellent way to make a great announcement.
- Write that announcement in friendly and positive language; it’s a better way to communicate with customers than “legal style.”
Examine Contest Results
Approximately, 48% of marketers track brand-related metrics.
Facebook giveaway performance metrics can help you gain more customer insights and identify areas where you can experiment with ads and promotions.
That is why you should consider contest-related performance. Examine audience data to see who has been the most active and could thus be targeted with future marketing campaigns.
With RewardPort social sales strategies, you can run engagement campaigns on any social media platform. The key is to have an acute understanding of your customers and their interests.
7 Reasons Why You should Definitely try out RewardPort Sweepstakes for Your Brand
RewardPort sweepstakes are the best choice to cut through the competitive market and to fulfil your need to accelerate the sales promotion of your business. The sweepstake campaign is designed in a way to aid in enhancing the visibility of your brand and expanding its online presence. The following are seven solid reasons to choose RewardPort for giving away rewards to your customers and converting them into potential leads.
Easy set up of the campaign
All you are required to do is to provide us with your budget for the sweepstake campaign and get three campaign plans for free. Next, choose the plan and you are good to go. Sit back and relax as we manage the campaign for you. The campaign is simpler than what you have least imagined. You just have to fill a Google form and mention the details like name, contact number and your email id.
1. Attractive landing page
Aesthetics is a very significant player in determining the duration of the stay of the participants on the giveaway landing page. This in no way should be ignored as this determines the increase in the figures of the participants. Our straight forward campaign with appealing colours and a catchy title goes a long way to catalyze the performance of the sweepstake campaign.
2. Huge variety of products
We offer over 100 plus categories of products for the participants to take away from the online sweepstake campaign. Also, we provide 50 plus experiential awards. These are unlike the conventional prizes as they enhance the overall customer reward experience. We have designed a creative bundling of the prizes along with an enjoyable experience or activity which is bound to bring motivation to the participants to seek and want for many more of such sweepstakes offers.
3. Cost effective tool for sales promotions
We offer quick win sweepstakes at zero or minimal purchase. This makes the rewards more attractive to the customers. It isn’t expensive to set up the campaign too. So, you obtain greater returns on low cost input.
4. Emotional sweepstake campaign
We ensure that the campaign builds trust among the customers and appeals to the sentiments of the customers. For this, we fabricate special festival sweepstakes offers. These offers attract targeted audience who are on the lookout for such prizes and contests during the festivities time of the year. Surely, this variety of emotional advertising brings a wow effect for the customers.
5. Building brand advocates
At Reward port we ensure that your number of participants multiplies rapidly by enticing the participants to refer the offer to their friends. We do this by rewarding them with gifts in return, which are highly priced.
6. Sync with the Social media
We provide a convenient platform where the sweepstakes won by the customers can be shared on social media platforms such as Facebook. This uncomplicated and extensive sharing across social media encourages drawing of larger pool of audience towards the sweepstake campaign.
With all the benefits at one place, brands can utilize our platform to giving enticing sweepstake rewards to their customers and make their brand go viral. So are your ready to stand apart from the crowd!
Sweepstakes Ideas to Increase Your Sales
Do you want to boost your sales and reach out to larger audience by increasing sales promotion?
We at RewardPort offer a wonderful reward matrix for initiating Sweepstakes marketing campaign.
Key Features Reward Port Sweepstakes
- It requires low cost for initial investment with as low as Rs 5 for initiating promotions of product or services
- There are over 100 plus Categories of tangible grand products to offer as instant win sweepstakes
- Provides experiential rewards which are over 50 plus. These awards are evolutionary as they go beyond just being customer reward program and rather try to establish an emotional connect between the brand and the winners of the rewards. Example: ‘Scratch and Win’ a vacation to international destination.
- The set up for the campaign is hassle free and involves zero cost. It starts from filling up the Google form.
- It is easy to sync with your Social Media Properties
- Receive the best customer support as we believe in providing delightful service to the customer till the last mile.
How to improve your business sales through sweepstakes?
The planning stage is crucial for the sweepstake campaign. The strategy building is undoubtedly the first step. Initially, establish the smart and realistic goals desired to be achieved from the sweepstakes. Mostly sweepstakes are offered for no purchase or very low cost and a winner is picked randomly. The online website of the business needs to have an alert for the ongoing sweepstakes offer followed by sending email newsletter to the target customers conveying the message to contest to win prizes. Once placed, Sweepstakes campaign needs to be tracked and monitored at every step to check for the performance and make the sweepstake marketing campaign a success. You can sit back and relax as we at RewardPort will manage the online sweepstakes campaign for you. You need to share your budget and the target audience with us. Also, do keep in mind that people are mostly on the lookout for grand prices worth high value which can encourage them to sign up for the sweepstake campaign.
Post the ongoing campaign on the various social media platforms to connect with the audience. Promote it on these platforms using suitable formats specific to each platform. It is easy to check the likes and comments by the participants to get their feedback. A campaign which is both transactional and social helps in multiplication of reach of your audience. For instance, encourage the customers to share their winning moments or their purchases on the Facebook platform and share it with their friends.
Utilize PR for announcing Bumper prize winners. Also, videos are a very good option for reaching out to larger number of customers as its click through rate is usually higher and you can expect more number of participants entering the sweepstake contest.
Lastly, incentivize your customers by providing gifts for referring to a friend to accelerate the performance of the free giveaways online. This proves to be beneficial as these participants are more likely to develop into strong brand ambassadors of your brand.