First let us accept the fact – people love taking selfies! According to various reports, the average millennial will take 25,700 selfies in their lifetime; and about 93 million selfies are taken worldwide each day. People are more comfortable taking a selfie than asking someone to click their picture.
So is your brand doing anything to take advantage of this Social (here-to-stay) phenomenon? Selfie contests ensures the most direct engagement and connect between your brand & the consumer.
When planning a selfie contest –
- Come up with a great idea; the one that is simple & easy for people to connect with.
- Ask the consumer to feature your brand, this is a must!
- Give a compelling reason to participate: reward or fame will work well.
- Incentivise for multiple actions – Post, shares, tags, likes, etc.
- For a successful selfie promotion, it should run at least for 30-45 days, to have larger reach among your target audience.
- Engage actively on all the possible social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others.
- To gain the trust, pick winners and reward them, EVERYDAY!
- Make it less cumbersome; don’t put in too many conditions – just click, post, tag & win!
- Promote the contests, online & offline.
- If your target group is the youth, play around friendship. If its family then involve the participation of children.
Don’t let your brand miss out on the #selfie phenomenon!